or Option-Click to View 400x400 Image
- Frank began music studies in 1967, graduated from Berklee College of Music
with a Composition Degree in 1980 (Magna Cum Laude),
and studied privately with
for several years, completing Guitar Studies and adding Piano Studies afterward.
He studied Drums with Joe Dorris, a student of Gary Chaffee, and Sax and Voice with
More details of Frank's experience in
each area of study are listed
in the individual catagories.
- Frank has been teaching since 1974, seeing thousands of students over the years.
He has been teaching online since 2010, using
Skype, FaceTime and Zoom,
at various times over the years
meeting with students in
England and Ireland.
- Frank began performing in clubs in 1974, and has played more than 5,000 gigs
over the years.
- Frank has written music in a multitude of styles, both for professional
purpose (advertising, promotion, on-hold music) and artistic performance.
- Frank has an extensive recording background as an artist, producer and
- Bands and Performances
- Cat's A Bear
has performed Frank's original music
since 1982, and continues to compose, perform and
record with the latest incarnation of the group.
- Frank is a Founding Member of
World Tribe, which formed in 1994,
has 3 Albums and continues to
perform and create original music.
- Frank is one half of
Jazz and Blues Duo with Vocalist/Harmonica player
Joe Dorris. The duo has released three albums, including their
Holiday contribution, And To All...
which includes the Blues version of Auld Lang Syne.
- Frank recorded and performed with
and the Sons of Rhythm,
a Collective Improvisation Ensemble that
released 13 Double CDs (Double Album Length)
over the course of five years.
Frank played Guitar, Guitar Synth,
Keyboards and Bass Guitar throughout the
- Frank was the 'House Musician' at the
Anchor In for several years, presenting
Friday Night Jazz
duos and small ensembles.
Local, regional and national artists performed
at the In, including
- Frank has performed with Stephen Trohoske of
Artlore Studio in a number of bands,
3Bop (Trio with Brad Amidon),
Ahimsa Beat (Original Music from Multiple Contributors with Multiple Players),
Hands of Theives (Steve's Originals and Dub with Multiple Players),
Attitude Plus Duo (Jazz and Original Music) and
Art Groupies (Covers and Original Music with Multiple Players).
- Recipient of Richard Levy Award in Recognition of
Outstanding Musicianship for Contemporary Composition (1980)
- Finalist, World Music Category, John Lennon Songwriting Contest for
title track of
One World Tribe's
debut CD (1999)
- Nice Guy Award (Patience Catagory)
- Best Puns (Dad Catagory)
- (CD Reviews, Live Music Articles and Reviews)
- (Interviews and Documentaries)
Room 33 Speakeasy,
Romolo's Chocolates Summer Series,
Scotty's Cigar Bar,
- (as a sideman)
Additional Interests and Experience:
"I was fortunate to study Conducting
at Berklee College of Music with
during my tenure there, and considered Conducting as a career
because of those studies."
- Studio Production:
Frank Produced Advertising and Songwriting Clients
at Euphoria Sound Studios in Revere, MA in the 1980s,
and is Cat's A Bear's
- Early Electronic Music:
Frank worked with the ARP 2600 Synthesiser
during his tenure at Berklee College of Music,
and has functional knowledge of Synthesis and
Audio and Control Path Logic.
Frank has coded a number of Web Sites, including
and this Web Site.
- WNBA and NBA Basketball
- Star Trek